Pharmacy Technician Program - Daytime - Cumming
Dates: May 2 - June 6, 2019
Meets: Th and Tu from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Location: Cumming - City Hall 425
Registration Fee: $1,399.00
For a detailed course schedule please click on the sessions button above.
The Pharmacy Technician Program is offered in partnership with Condensed Curriculum International, Inc. (CCI). This program prepares students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam. Course content includes: pharmacy medical terminology, history of pharmacy, pharmacy practice in multiple environments, pharmacy calculations and measurements, reading and interpreting prescriptions, and defining drugs by generic and brand names. Through classroom lecture and hands on labs, students will review dosage calculations, drug classifications, the "top 200 drugs", I.V. flow rates, sterile compounding, dose conversions, aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, total parental nutrition (TPN), dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement. This program includes 50 hours of classroom lecture and hands-on labs, 80-hour clinical externship opportunity, textbooks and CPR training. High school diploma or GED required.
NOTE: Upon successful completion of the 50 hours of classroom instruction, students will be eligible to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) national exam. Exam fee is not included in registration fee.
Dress Code: Black Scrubs Required
Criteria for Successful Completion:
To receive a University for North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education certificate and CEUs, students must attend 80% of all class sessions, actively participate and complete a course evaluation, as well as pass all quizzes and final exam with an average score of 75 or above.
Students are expected:
- To be on time for class. Attendance is taken at the beginning of every session.
- To fully engage in the material. Students should participate in class discussions and hands-on labs. Attendance and participation make up 50% of student grade.
- To achieve an average score of 75 or better on assignments, quizzes and the final exam. Quizzes count for 25% of student grade. Final exam counts for 25% of student grade
- To wear black scrubs to each class session. As part of managing their professional image, students should practice appropriate patient communication skills and maintain positive interactions with the instructor, other students and any visiting "patients."
For more detailed information and a class schedule, please contact 678-717-2377.
UNG does not endorse any specific providers of student loans. Below is one of many potential providers, but we encourage you to research other potential options for noncredit student loans.
The SallieMae SmartOption Student Loan is available for this course.
Cover the Cost of Your Tuition
You may use the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loans to cover your tuition.
There is no prepayment penalty.
The Smart Option Student Loan has interest rates that reward good credit and are as low as Prime + 0% for borrowers with excellent credit. Interest rates are variable and reset monthly.
- Standard repayment option, you make level, monthly payments of principal and interest. The minimum monthly payment is $30.00.
- Interest-only repayment option, you make interest-only payments while you are in school and begin standard repayment of principal and interest once school is completed.
- Deferred repayment option, you may defer payments for up to 12 months, not to exceed the anticipated graduation date on the application. You are required to make a $10.00 monthly payment during deferment. This $10.00 payment will be toward the interest that accurse on the account during deferment. After deferment, you will begin standard repayment of principle and interest.
Who May Apply
The Smart Option Student Loan is a private, credit-based student loan for technical training or trade school, online courses, and other continuing education programs.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$1,399.00|
Cumming - City Hall 425
|05/02/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/07/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/09/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 1 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|05/14/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/16/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/21/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/23/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/28/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|05/30/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|06/04/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|
|06/06/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 2:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 425|