Clinical Medical Assistant Program - Daytime - Cumming
Dates: February 5 - April 23, 2019
Meets: Tu and Th from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM *CPR 2/12 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM *Skip 4/2 & 4/4
Location: Cumming - City Hall 433
Registration Fee: $2,860.00
For a detailed course schedule please click on the sessions button above.
The Clinical Medical Assistant Program is offered in partnership with Condensed Curriculum International, Inc. (CCI). This program will train students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, the technical aspects of phlebotomy, the use of the electrocardiograph (EKG) machine, and more. Students will review important topics including phlebotomy, EKG, pharmacology, professional workplace behavior, ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare. This program includes 140 hours of classroom lecture and hands-on labs, 160- hour clinical externship opportunity, textbooks, CPR training, and national exam. High school diploma or GED required. NOTE: Upon successful completion of the 140 hours of classroom instruction, students would be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination. Dress Code: Black Scrubs Required
Criteria for Successful Completion:
To receive a University for North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education certificate and CEUs, students must attend 80% of all class sessions, actively participate and complete a course evaluation, as well as pass all quizzes and final exam with an average score of 75 or above.
Students are expected:
- To be on time for class. Attendance is taken at the beginning of every session.
- To fully engage in the material. Students should participate in class discussions and hands-on labs. Attendance and participation make up 50% of student grade.
- To achieve an average score of 75 or better on assignments, quizzes and the final exam. Quizzes count for 25% of student grade. Final exam counts for 25% of student grade
- To wear black scrubs to each class session. As part of managing their professional image, students should practice appropriate patient communication skills and maintain positive interactions with the instructor, other students and any visiting "patients."
For more detailed information and a class schedule, please contact 678-717-2377.
UNG does not endorse any specific providers of student loans. Below is one of many potential providers, but we encourage you to research other potential options for noncredit student loans.
The SallieMae SmartOption Student Loan is available for this course.
Cover the Cost of Your Tuition
You may use the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loans to cover your tuition.
There is no prepayment penalty.
The Smart Option Student Loan has interest rates that reward good credit and are as low as Prime + 0% for borrowers with excellent credit. Interest rates are variable and reset monthly.
- Standard repayment option, you make level, monthly payments of principal and interest. The minimum monthly payment is $30.00.
- Interest-only repayment option, you make interest-only payments while you are in school and begin standard repayment of principal and interest once school is completed.
- Deferred repayment option, you may defer payments for up to 12 months, not to exceed the anticipated graduation date on the application. You are required to make a $10.00 monthly payment during deferment. This $10.00 payment will be toward the interest that accrues on the account during deferment. After deferment, you will begin standard repayment of principle and interest.
Who May Apply
The Smart Option Student Loan is a private, credit-based student loan for technical training or trade school, online courses, and other continuing education programs.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$2,860.00|
Cumming - City Hall 433
|02/05/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/07/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/12/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 1 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/14/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/19/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/21/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/26/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|02/28/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/05/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/07/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/12/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/14/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/19/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/21/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/26/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|03/28/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|04/09/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|04/11/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|04/16/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|04/18/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|04/23/2019||Tuesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|