Certified Health Unit Coordinator
Meets: New Courses Begin Every Month
The Health Unit Coordinator is the central figure in a health unit. Learning management of information, communication, medical terminology, critical thinking, and cultural diversity will prepare you to work in a variety of health care settings.
In Medical Terminology you will learn not only medical terms themselves, but also their application. You'll start by learning the origins of medical words and how to recognize prefixes and suffixes used in medical terminology. Then you'll learn about the body as a whole and how to differentiate cells, tissues, organs, systems, and cavities. Next, you'll learn to define and describe the function of each system of the human body. This knowledge will help you take the next step in your medical career or education.
Upon completion of this course you will be prepared to sit for the NAHUC Certification Exam. This course also includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
This course is taught in an Online Personal Instructor format. See format tab for details.
Course Hours: 120
Successful participants will receive a UNG Professional and Continuing Education Certificate.
|Course Fee (Basic)||None Entered||$1,399.00|
Online Personal Instructor:
· Start anytime
· Student access to personal instructor via email, phone, and/or live chat
· Scheduled instructor office hours for immediate contact
· Lessons and course material delivered upon registration
· Instructor assistance with lessons, quizzes and assignments as needed
· Student peer advisor assigned for additional assistance with course format, content, and career information
· Completion time varies by course