Clinical Medical Assistant Program - Daytime - Cumming
Dates: October 2 - December 16, 2019
Meets: W and M from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Location: Cumming - City Hall 429
Registration Fee: $2,860.00
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
This program will train students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, the technical aspects of phlebotomy, the use of the electrocardiograph (EKG) machine, and more. Students will review important topics including phlebotomy, EKG, pharmacology, professional workplace behavior, ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare. This program includes 143 hours of classroom lecture and hands-on labs, textbooks, CPR training, and national exam.
For a detailed course schedule, please click on the Schedule button above.
Upon successful completion of the 143 hours of instruction, students will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination. High school diploma or GED required.
Criteria for Successful Completion: To receive a University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education certificate and CEUs, students must attend 80% of all class sessions, actively participate and complete a course evaluation, as well as pass all quizzes, midterm, and final exam with an average score of 75 or above.
Students are expected:
1. To be on time for class. Attendance is taken at the beginning of every session.
2. To fully engage in the material, students should participate in class discussions and hands-on clinical labs. Attendance and participation make up 50% of student grade.
3. To achieve an average score of 75 or better on assignments, quizzes and the final exam. Quizzes and mid-term exam count for 25% of student grade. Final exam counts for 25% of student grade.
4. To wear black scrubs to each clinical lab session. As part of managing their professional image, students should practice appropriate patient communication skills and maintain positive interactions with the instructor, other students and any visiting "patients."
Dress Code: Black Scrubs Required
For more detailed information and a class schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course may be modified to a LIVE Online format based on Georgia Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and University System of Georgia guidelines in place at the time of the course. No refunds will be provided should the course format change based on these guidelines.
LIVE Online Course Details:
- This online platform is compatible with desktop and laptop computers and will also work with iPads, android tablets, iPhones, and android phones. Devices must have a camera and microphone, which are standard on all smartphones and iPads.
- Course access will be provided with a link that you simply click in order to join the LIVE Online classroom. The link will work with your web browser or through the Pexip app which is free to download. You will receive that link 3 business days before your first class session.
- Course handouts will be emailed to you 3 business days before your first class session. Students may want to print these out for easy reference during your LIVE Online sessions.
- For questions regarding the online platform please email us at email@example.com.
UNG does not endorse any specific providers of student loans. Below is one of many potential providers, but we encourage you to research other potential options for noncredit student loans.
The Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan is available for this course (http://salliemae.com/landing/schoolapply/?InstID=00158597&loanprogram=SOSL&InstLndrID=9009095 ).
Cover the Cost of Your Tuition - You may use the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loans to cover your tuition.
No fees - There is no prepayment penalty.
Interest Rate - The Smart Option Student Loan has interest rates that reward good credit and are as low as Prime + 0% for borrowers with excellent credit. Interest rates are variable and reset monthly.
Repayment Options - You may take up to 15 years to repay your loan with one of the following options: "Standard repayment option", you make level, monthly payments of principal and interest. The minimum monthly payment is $30.00. "Interest-only repayment option, you make interest-only payments while you are in school and begin standard repayment of principal and interest once school is completed." Deferred repayment option", you may defer payments for up to 12 months, not to exceed the anticipated graduation date on the application. You are required to make a $10.00 monthly payment during deferment. This $10.00 payment will be toward the interest that accruse on the account during deferment. After deferment, you will begin standard repayment of principle and interest.
Who May Apply - The Smart Option Student Loan is a private, credit-based student loan for technical training or trade school, online courses, and other continuing education programs.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$2,860.00|
Cumming - City Hall 429
|10/02/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/07/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/09/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/14/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/16/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 433|
|10/21/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/23/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/28/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|10/30/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|11/04/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|11/06/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|11/11/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|11/13/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|11/18/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 423|
|11/20/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|11/25/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|12/02/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|12/04/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|12/09/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|12/11/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|
|12/16/2019||Monday||9 AM to 4:30 PM||Cumming - City Hall 429|