Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program - LIVE Online
Dates: September 30 - November 18, 2020
Meets: W and M from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Registration Fee: $1,999.00
You won't find pre-recorded lectures here! LIVE Online means that our same quality courses are delivered right to your doorstep while allowing for the interaction of a traditional classroom. Need to ask a question during class? No problem! Want to share an example? No problem! PCE's LIVE Online courses make online learning easy wherever you are!
For a detailed course schedule, please click on the Schedule button above.
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Program is a 60 hour course that prepares students to enter the pharmacy field and take the National Healthcareer Association CPhT exam. Course content includes: pharmacy medical terminology, history of pharmacy, pharmacy practice in multiple environments, pharmacy calculations and measurements, reading and interpreting prescriptions, and defining drugs by generic and brand names. Through classroom lecture and hands on labs, students will review dosage calculations, drug classifications, the "top 200 drugs", I.V. flow rates, sterile compounding, dose conversions, aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, total parental nutrition (TPN), dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement. This program includes 60 hours of classroom instruction, textbooks, CPR training, and national exam. Upon successful completion of the 60 hours of classroom instruction, students will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) exam.
Criteria for Successful Completion: To receive a University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education certificate and CEUs, students must attend 80% of all class sessions, actively participate and complete a course evaluation, as well as pass all quizzes, midterm, and final exam with an average score of 75 or above.
Students are expected:
1. To be on time for class. Attendance is taken at the beginning of every session.
2. To fully engage in the material, students should participate in class discussions. Attendance and participation make up 50% of student grade.
3. To achieve an average score of 75 or better on assignments, quizzes and the final exam. Quizzes and mid-term exam count for 25% of student grade. Final exam counts for 25% of student grade.
For more detailed information and a class schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIVE Online Course Details:
- This online platform is compatible with desktop and laptop computers and will also work with iPads, android tablets, iPhones, and android phones. Devices must have a camera and microphone, which are standard on all smartphones and iPads.
- Course access will be provided with a link that you simply click in order to join the LIVE Online classroom. The link will work with your web browser or through the Pexip app which is free to download. You will receive that link 3 business days before your first class session.
- Course handouts will be emailed to you 3 business days before your first class session. Students may want to print these out for easy reference during your LIVE Online sessions.
- For questions regarding the online platform please email us at email@example.com.
UNG does not endorse any specific providers of student loans. Below is one of many potential providers, but we encourage you to research other potential options for noncredit student loans.
The Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan is available for this course.
Cover the Cost of Your Tuition - You may use the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan to cover your tuition. No fees - There is no prepayment penalty.
Interest Rate - The Smart Option Student Loan has interest rates that reward good credit and are as low as Prime + 0% for borrowers with excellent credit. Interest rates are variable and reset monthly.
Repayment Options - You may take up to 15 years to repay your loan with one of the following options: "Standard repayment option", you make level, monthly payments of principal and interest. The minimum monthly payment is $30.00. "Interest-only repayment option, you make interest-only payments while you are in school and begin standard repayment of principal and interest once school is completed." Deferred repayment option", you may defer payments for up to 12 months, not to exceed the anticipated graduation date on the application. You are required to make a $10.00 monthly payment during deferment. This $10.00 payment will be toward the interest that accurse on the account during deferment. After deferment, you will begin standard repayment of principle and interest.
Who May Apply - The Smart Option Student Loan is a private, credit-based student loan for technical training or trade school, online courses, and other continuing education programs.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$1,999.00|
|09/30/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/05/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/07/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/12/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/14/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/19/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/21/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/26/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|10/28/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|11/02/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|11/04/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|11/09/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|11/11/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|11/16/2020||Monday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|
|11/18/2020||Wednesday||5:30 PM to 9:30 PM||Online|