Microsoft Word 2 - Cumming
Dates: February 12, 2020
Meets: W from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Cumming - City Hall 423
Registration Fee: $179.00
This class goes beyond the basics of Word to include more complex features including 5 types of tab stops, creating multiple column documents, and using headers and footers. Students will learn to use the power of mail merge, customize data fields, share information among multiple files and applications, insert and customize tables, enhance documents with tools such as WordArt and SmartArt graphics and insert text boxes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create documents with multiple columns of information
- Use the rulers and tab stops
- Create tables
- Add graphics
- Create text boxes, Word Art and headers and footers
- Use mail merge
- Add a cover page
- Create SmartArt graphics
- Share information with other applications
- Create a table of contents
While previous presentation software experience is not necessary to take this class, basic PC and Windows skills are required. MS Word 2016 will be used. The skills taught in the Basic Word class are not repeated in this Intermediate module.
This course counts as a credit toward the Microsoft Office Certificate.
Note: For safety precautions, we encourage students to wear a mask.
This course may be modified to a LIVE Online format based on Georgia Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and University System of Georgia guidelines in place at the time of the course. No refunds will be provided should the course format change based on these guidelines.
LIVE Online Course Details:
- This online platform is compatible with desktop and laptop computers and will also work with iPads, android tablets, iPhones, and android phones. Devices must have a camera and microphone, which are standard on all smartphones and iPads.
- Course access will be provided with a link that you simply click in order to join the LIVE Online classroom. The link will work with your web browser or through the Pexip app which is free to download. You will receive that link 3 business days before your first class session.
- Course handouts will be emailed to you 3 business days before your first class session. Students may want to print these out for easy reference during your LIVE Online sessions.
- For questions regarding the online platform please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 179.00|
Cumming - City Hall 423
|02/12/2020||Wednesday||9 AM to 4 PM||Cumming - City Hall 423|