Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with University of North Georgia- Dahlonega. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?
Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?
To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
Visa, MasterCard and Discover
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
If you must cancel you must notify us in writing by email or fax at least three business days before the course begins. If you want to substitute or transfer, please notify us by phone or fax at least three business days before the course begins. There is a $20 processing fee for cancellations, and $10 fee for transfers or student substitutions. For courses costing $200 or more, the processing charge is 10% of the total fee. NO refunds will be given on cancellations made within three business days of the course starting date. If the University of North Georgia cancels a course for any reason, you will be contacted and you will receive a full refund.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
Continuing Education Office
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
Participants may transfer to another class of equal or greater cost for a fee of $10, if notification is made by phone or fax at least three working days before the course begins. The class to which one transfers must already be scheduled, and transfers must be made within the same fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). Transfer requests made within three working days of the course starting date will not be granted, and no refund will be given.
Participants may substitute one student for another if notification is made by phone or fax at least three working days before the course begins. Substitutions will not be granted within three working days before the course begins. Substitutions will not be granted within three working days of the course starting date and no refund will be given. There is a $10 substitution fee for each participant/course.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned